Blue Bouquet, Kansas City Wedding Florist, Interview with The Bliss List...
1. What is your favorite type of wedding to be part of? (Creative, modern, whimsical, classic, elegant, extravagant, charming…) Why?
Our favorites are the weddings where the design and the feel of the event flows out of the personalities of the couple. We love little details and stylings that make an event memorable and contribute to the guests experience. Though it's fun to be the designer and just make everything pretty, it begins to feel hollow after a while. We much prefer weddings that are meaningful and intentional. Stylistically, that can look like a lot of different things, of course. It varies widely from client to client.
2. What is your favorite ‘of-the-moment’ color palette or theme? Why?
I'm writing this in November, and right now we're suckers for Orange. Can't get enough of it.
3. What is one word (or small phrase) that describes your brand, you and/or your work?
Every word I can think of sounds pretentious and unapproachable, which is the opposite of what we want to be. So how bout: "unpretentious and approachable". We are very normal people. Our clients hire us because they trust us and feel good around us.
4. What is your favorite business moment? (Great press, great event, big milestone?)
Such hard questions... though I got to say we felt important when our delivery van was stolen and used in a bank robbery.
5. What is the best advice you can give a bride-to-be?
Keep things in perspective. You can have a lousy wedding but a fantastic marriage, which is much better than the alternative.
6. What is your favorite source of inspiration?
Each other. We've got a great crew at Blue Bouquet. We have a lot of fun and fun is inspirational.
7. What is your favorite spot in KC? (Café, boutique, library, park?)
We're becoming more and more attached to the Crossroads/downtown since we've been down here and there are A LOT of great spots.
8. What is your favorite indulgence or greatest weakness? (Strawberry cupcakes, expensive jeans, lattes, bobby brown lip gloss, J Crew… Those are mine!)
Doughnuts. We are doughnut lovers, though they make us all sick if we eat more than one or two.