Studio Dan Meiners Interview with The Bliss List...
1. What is your favorite type of wedding to be part of? (Creative, modern, whimsical, classic, elegant, extravagant, charming…) Why?
We love working in a variety of different styles because it keeps our designs fresh and new. Our favorite weddings are the ones where our brides allow us to take their concept and really run with it creatively… these always turn out to be the most fun and beautiful.
2. What is your favorite ‘of-the-moment’ color palette or theme? Why?
As people have become more aware of their environmental impact and the eco-friendly movement continues to grow, we are working with a lot of nature-inspired colors. Celery and apple green paired with rich, deep browns and soft, creamy whites create a palette that is sophisticated, fresh and modern.
3. What is one word (or small phrase) that describes your brand, you and/or your work?
As individual as you are.
4. What is your favorite business moment? (Great press, great event, big milestone?)
Working with clients creating friendships that last a lifetime and throwing an unforgettable party are really what it is all about.
5. What is the best advice you can give a bride-to-be?
There are no rules to a wedding. Do what you love and it will be fun for you and your guests.
6. What is your favorite source of inspiration?
Traveling, especially internationally, really opens your eyes to so many new things and keeps you sharp creatively. I think it is great to be exposed to global influences.
7. What is your favorite spot in KC? (Café, boutique, library, park?)
In a crowded room full of fun and interesting people, late at night!
8. What is your favorite indulgence or greatest weakness? (Strawberry cupcakes, expensive jeans, lattes, bobby brown lip gloss, J Crew… Those are mine!)
Expensive champagne and caviar. Perfect.